22 7月 Configuring your theme
- 1 Installation
- 2 Logo Home Page
- 3 Logo on Other Pages
- 4 Sticky Header & Logo
- 5 Menu Configuration
- 6 Homepage Configuration
- 7 Category Page
You must install Sirius theme Sirius_shopify_package.zip from Shopify themem before you can publish it on your Shopify store. To install this theme you can do either of the following:
- From your Shopify admin, click Online Store > Themes
- Click Upload a theme in the top righthand corner.
If the message “You can’t have more than 20 themes on your store appears, you must export or delete one of your installed themes before you can install another one.”
3.The Upload A Theme dialog displays. Click Choose File to select theSirius_shopify_package.zip file you want to upload, then click Upload.
4.The uploaded theme appears in the Unpublished themes section of your Themes page. Now that you’ve installed the theme, you can publish it or customize it as you choose.
Shopify enables you to add a logo by editing your Customize theme page.
- Go to: Customize theme > Header > Logo Home Page
- Use Logo Home Page: If selected, the logo will be shown on homepage
- Logo Home Page: Upload your logo for normal screens (common PCs). Maximum logo dimensions are 450px wide by 200px high. The uploaded file will be resized to fit within those constraints.
- Logo Home Page Retina: Upload logo for retina screens (Macs, Iphone, Ipad…)
Beside logo Hompage, Sirius allows you to upload different logo for different page. If seeing on Sirius, there’re a white logo which is very great on frotn-end. But on the category pages and all other pages on site where the background is white, the white logo gets lost. So this advanced feature was born!
Your menu (or any element you choose) will stick at the top of the screen when you scroll down and it “hits” the top.
If “Enable Sticky Header” selected, the menu will keep displaying even when user scrolls down the page.
This logo will be displayed on the menu in sticky mode.
The favicon (favorite icon) is a small icon that represents your website and provides a shortcut to it wherever the icon appears
To show favicon on your website:
If your business is spread across multiple countries, you would always want the visitor to be able to see the displayed price in their home currency. No worried now! You will be able to choose the currencies you want to support on your Customize theme page.
For general menu settings, there are two neccessary areas you should know:
- From Shopify Admin, go to Online Store > Navigation
- Go to Online Store > Themes > Customize Theme > Main Menu
- From your Shopify admin, click Online Store, then click Navigation.
- Select the Add link list button to add a linklist you want to set as navigation.
- Add links to your link list. The items of the linklist will be displayed as navigation items.
- Once you have added all of your links click Save.
For every link we wish to connect to a sub-menu, like this:
According to the image above, we have item Chairs & Stools having a dropdown menu.
- All we have to do is creating a linklist that will have the same name as parent link
- First, we have a linklist as main menu, like this:
- Then, we need to create another linklist named exactly Chairs & Stools. In a nutshell, to turn any link of our Main Menu into a ‘parent’ link, create a ‘child’ menu for it using the name of your parent link.
Ultra Mega Menu is showing visitor many related navigation options in just one click. If you want to present menu items as clearly as possible, it’s a good idea to use columns within your Mega Menu. Instead of displaying all submenu contents in a single column, Ultra Mega Menu can help you in arranging upto many submenu items in different columns by different categories. Besides, you can easily insert any banner, image or text content to mega menu.
Ultra Mega Menu can display 4 levels of collections.
This advanced Mega Menu allows you to add some extra custom content (text or html) inside Block section, and insert banner image by upload function in the UltraMegamenu tab. There are four available blocks: Block Right, Block Left, Block Top and Block Bottom, and four available banner: Banner Top, Banner Right, Banner Left, Banner Bottom
- From your Shopify admin, click Online Store, then click Navigation > add neccessary linklists
- Go to Online Store > Themes > Customize Theme > Main Menu
- Select Menu Type to show submenu items, enter Menu Lable (New or Sale).
- Select menu column with a column value (at least 2 if you want to show banner image or custom content)
- Enable Banner type you want to show on mega menu. Then clickChoose File to upload your desired banner.
- Insert custom content into
- desired block field if Yes
- Proportions (ex: Proportions: Block Left) This field is applicable only for top-level collections. Select proportions between submenu items and Block Left of the current category. You can select values which will create from 2 to 6 columns in the drop-down menu.
- Click Save Changes button to apply your mega menu.
Your home page is the first page visitors see when they go to your store’s URL. It’s controlled directly by the Customize Theme section.
Go to Online store > Themes > Customize Theme > Home page- Banner Image > then creative your own banners.
With this collection you can display any types of Products in your store. Go to: Customize theme > Homepage > Home Page- Products Collection
- Products collection title: Enter a title for product collection.
- Collection to use: select a collection which is built to organize your New, Sale, or Featured products.
- Limit: limit the number of products shown with in the new product collection
- Enable Carousel: a tick box to enable carousel
- Slideshow: Change to any integrer for example 5000 to play every 5 seconds. Leave empty to disable autoplay.
- Show Paging/Navigation: Tick the box if you want to show paging or navigation.
- Columns: set the number of columns in product collection
Daily Deal of Sirius Theme helps you to create daily deal for one product on your homepage with limited time. In detail, you now can showcase multiple deals everyday and pull more customers with the help of discounts. Customers will be attracted easily to hot deals displayed in many different positions on homepage with the most professional look. Especially, responsive theme supported allows visitors to access easily in any devices.
- Go to: Customize theme > Homepage > Home Page- Deal of the day.
- Background image: Upload any background image you want for Home Deal collection.(2000px required)
- Date: Set specific time for each deal.
- Product deal off: select one of products on sale. Only products that can be used for Deals of the Day are displayed in the Home Deal collection.
- Title: Insert title of collection here.
- Content: Enter any content you desire to show on Deal collection.
- Button text: Text that will be displayed on buttons of the Deal collection.
Display clickable tabs (dynamic Product collection tabs) on your homepage, each with a selection of products: Top Rated, Sale, Best Seller. Each tab will reveal its own selection of products from added collection, without the need to reload the page.
This kind of product collection allows you to display your new products, sale or product selections on a single page, and give your visitors a larger view of your shop, thereby maximizing your chances to convert them into customers. Your homepage will be lively and well animated.
- Go to: Customize theme > Homepage > Home Page- Tab Product.
- You must enter information in all required fields: Product limit, Slideshow, Columns, Enable paging or navigation.
- Tab Collection allows you to show at most 4 tabs. Now, you just need to configure the required options for each tab. Simply, Insert Tab title, and select a collection which is built to organize your Top, Sale, or Best Seller products
Sirius supports you to show recent articles on the homepage. You can link your most recent articles by going to Online Store > Themes >Customize Theme button button to the ‘Blog Article’ tab.
How to show Blog Posts on homepage?
- Log into the Shopify backend and create a blog and some placeholder articles.
- Click the Online Stores > Blogs Posts > then click the Manage Blogslink.
- Click on the Add blog button. Give your blog a new name and choose how you would like to manage comments. Then Click Save.
- Add new post to your Blog by clicking Add blog postbutton.
- Your blog post should now be visible in your store unless you’ve set a future publication date.
- Settings for Blog Artilce on homepage in Online Store > Themes >Customize Theme button button to the ‘Blog Article’ tab.
- Enter Blog Article title, Choose Blog to show posts, enter Blog Limit/slideshow, enable Paging or Navigation, and set the number of columns in this section.
- Save Changes and see how Blog Article show on homepage.
Our Sirius theme allows you to show a video on the Homepage. To do this, please follow those steps:
- Find and download the video which you want to add to your Homepage. Important!: The video must be .mp4 or .webm
- Go to Settings > Files then click Upload Files button to upload your video.
- After finishing the uploading, copy the URL of this video.
- Go to Online Store > Themes > Customize Theme button > Homepage Video, then paste the URL, which you had coppied, into 1 in 2 boxes. And Save changes.
The Testimonial Slide of our Sirius theme provides a rotating area for you to showcase your customer feedback on your Shopify store, with photos, quotes and clients’ names. You can easily make an impressive Testinomial Slide by following those steps:
- Go to Online > Themes > Customize Theme button > Homepage – Testimonial Slide.
- The General area allow you to settings the Background image.
– Click box Background image use? to show the Background image or not.
– Click Replaced to select the image you want to use.
– The colour in Background Colour will be shown when you don not use the Image.
- The Testimonial area allow you to setting the Testimonial slide. There are 4 slides.
– Click box Author image use? to show the Author image or not.
– Click Replaced to select the image you want to use.
– Filling Content, Author, Author Write
- Click Save changes to finish.
Our Sirius theme also allows you to display your Instagram post on the Homepage.
- Go to Online > Themes > Customize Theme button > Homepage and choose Homepage – Instagram as a section.
- Go to Online > Themes > Customize Theme button > Homepage – Instagram and fill in each section.
This theme comes with a new collection page, which is more customizable & mobile-friendly. There are some areas you need to check:
- Edit and Manage Collection in Products > Collections
- Add and assign products to each collection, go to Products > Products
- Go to: Customize theme > Collection Page to config filtering & set the column number in collection page.
- Configure to show filter by attributes (color, size or manuafacture): Customize Theme > Collection Filtering.
- Configure to show collection side-bar in collection page: Customize Theme > Collection Sidebar.
Sirius Shopify theme provides lots of category variation. For example, 2~6 columns mode, show or not filtering by tags- group.
The Collection Sidebar is a simple way for your Shopify Store appearance, allowing you to show all the categories and product attribute filters on the left or right column. Customers are allowed to filter multiple attributes like Category, Price, Manufacturer, Color…
To show category sidebar navigation like on our demo, you should look for some neccessary settings below:
- Go to Collection Sidebar , then select sidebar position
- In Menu Categories dropdown selector, choose “Menu Sidebar” if you want links to categories are replaced by set of filters, including price, categories in sidebar category
- Go to Customize Theme > Collection Filtering and set to show filter options in menu sidebar
This theme includes a new advanced filter called Collection Filtering.
Set up Collection Filtering:
Understanding the structure of the filter:
There are many filter items (from now we called a filter item “filter” as abbreviation)
Go to: Customize theme > Collection Filtering
Just do the same for others
This theme supports up to 10 filters
Enter your filter heading into Heading and its values into Filters
Note that you have to separate each value by a comma.